Friday, April 4, 2008

Sokol Blosser Dundee Hills Pinot Noir 2004

Having unfortunately opened a bottle of a corked 2005 Pommard village wine, I took the ugly duck back to the liquor store and exchanged it for this Oregon pinot noir. Dundee Hills pinot I find tends to be more smoky and savory than other Oregon pinots, which often make them a more unique choice. I recently tasted a Deponte Cellars 2004 Pinot, also from Dundee Hills, and it was a killer bit of juice. Let's see what this wine has in store.


Cherry and roasted coffee on the nose. A rustic wine with some smoky character and subdued fruit. A medium length finish and firm tartness - savory with a hint of bitterness. With air the aromas really opened up and the wine gained more depth. I might let this sit a little longer in the bottle if I were to have it again, but while good these pressed grapes just didn't excite me.

Very Good
$45 at BCLDB

No comments: