Monday, April 14, 2008

Quinta do Noval Unfiltered Late Bottled Vintage 2001

I rarely write about ports. I suppose that has to do with the difficulty of drinking a full bottle of port (often sitting at 18-20% abv) before it goes off. Full on vintage port is darn expensive and I often can't justify buying or opening a bottle knowing that at least half will probably go to waste. However, with the price point on this port I figured it would be worth having a bottle of dessert-y wine around to enjoy at leisure.


This has heady dark-berry and maple-syrup aromas and flavours. The palate is smooth and full with big fruit and rustic earthy/chalky tannins that give it surprising length for an inexpensive LBV. This is incredible value and way better than pretty much every other LBV I've tasted at this price point. If you like port pick up a bottle asap.

Excellent
$33 at BCLDB

No comments: