Sunday, July 13, 2008

Golden Mile Pinot Noir 2006

Another rare venture into wine territory I rarely explore. This time coming from my own backyard in the Okanagan valley, a few hundred km inland from Vancouver. I am treipiditious about Canadian wine, but was pleasantly surprised with this good value offering. So much so that I plan to venture a little more frequently into my own backyard.


This had boysenberry and funky fruit on the nose. The palate was all raspberry and strawberry and had a character not unlike a well made entry level Oregon Pinot. I'd even say this is equivalent to a $30+ of Oregon pinot. A good buy and an enticement to try Golden Mile's reserve pinot.

Very Good+
$23 at VQA stores

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i found the golden mile pinot noir to be just average, but their black arts pinot noir ($40 @ liberty) is excellent. one of the best bc pinots year in and year out.

Shea said...

I wouldn't disagree, but I was surprised at the quality for a BC pinot, and I certainly think the PQR is high. I want to try the black arts sometime.