Sunday, May 18, 2008

Avignonesi Vino Nobile di Montepulciano 2004

Work has been keeping me busy, so the updates have slowed a bit. Nevertheless, the wine drinking continued. I had this a few nights ago as foray into the fantastic 2004 vintage in Tuscany. I think that Vino Nobile di Montepulciano can offer tremendous value in sangiovese - with prices between cheaper Chianti's and more expensive Brunellos. A good middle ground.


The nose had bright berry fruit that opened into a fairly simple, but authentic palate. This was very fruity, but in a pure unmanipulated manner. Other flavours were a little savory, and were undergirded with a bit of caramel. A simple and medium length finish rounded this out well. I'd pair this with a pasta or stewed meat of some sort - but I'm not an adventurous wine-pairing afficionado.

Very Good
$40 at BCLDB

No comments: